Riding the wave of one of the hottest food trends, three teenagers have opened Burgerwood, whose name is a blending of what's on its menu, its Hollywood-themed atmosphere and the restaurant's location in Englewood.
The three young entrepreneurs – Daniel Zaytsev, Alexander Bittan and Jamie Bensadigh – are all friends, recent high school graduates and now business partners.
Their financial backing comes from Alexander's father, Michel Bittan, who owns Solaia Bar and Restaurant, as well as Caprizza Bistro & Bar, both just blocks away from Burgerwood.
Bittan's father "took us under his wing and helped us get this whole thing going," Zaytsev said.
To read more about Burgerwood, click here.
* 51 E. Palisade Ave., Englewood; 201-871-8600, burgerwoodnj.com
* Cuisine: Create-your-own burgers. Entrées $8.95 to $11.95.
* Hours/days: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday to Sunday.
* Credit cards: All major.
* Wine/liquor: Pending (full bar expected to open soon).
* Parking: Street metered parking and municipal lots.